UN System Coordination for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
Within the UN system, UN Women is mandated to lead, promote and coordinate efforts to advance the full realization of women’s rights and opportunities. Our work ensures that UN system in Zimbabwe coherently and systematically contributes to progress on gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. We focus on:
- Advocating and lobbying for a gender mechanism in the UN system and leading the implementation of the UN Gender Mainstreaming Strategy that will provide agencies with insights into how to effectively carry out its Coordination mandate in the context of the new UNSDCF.
- Implementation of the Three C’s (Coordination, Coherency and Convening) approach to Coordination to create synergies between the three areas over the next five years.
- Establishing within UN Women Zimbabwe a stronger interface between Coordination and the Country Office thematic areas of work to create synergies between the DRF program areas
- Facilitating knowledge building for thought leadership by UN Women
- Advocating for and promoting the use of Gender Statistics and Evidence-based Qualitative Gender Analyses in UN-wide system reporting, documentation, and frameworks
- Using inter-agency mechanisms and gender accountability tools, monitoring compliance within the UN-wide system to the principles of gender equality and non-discrimination.