Africa Rising Gender Equality Dialogue on Ending Child Marriage through Young Women’s Leadership & Activism
This edition is organized by Moremi Initiative in partnership with the Ghana Ministry of Gender Children and Social Protection and UN Women with support from Danish Innovations Fund.
Full details ▼
Event type: Conferences, meetings, symposiums
29 July 2015
End date: 29 July 2015 | End time: 12:00 UTC+00:00
Location: University of Ghana, Nkrumah Complex, Institute of African Studies, Legon, Accra, Ghana
Purpose of the Africa Rising Gender Equality Dialogue
- Engage partners and new audiences through public discourse &raise visibility of ongoing efforts to end child-marriage in Africa.
- Convene a community of leaders and change makers to discuss and exchange ideas/strategies on advancing gender equality and empowerment of girls in Africa.
- Articulate and integrate community ideas into ongoing national/regional policy debates.
- Propose fresh ideas, new entry points and strategic actions for advocacy, awareness and interventions for ending child marriage on the continent.
- Contact person: Mawuli Dake or Sall Khadidja firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com